Do you suffer with any of the following?
- Knee pain
- Back pain including Sciatica
- Shoulder pain
- Bronchitis (COPD)/Asthma
ACUPUNCTURE THERAPY IS AVAILABLE AT OUR RAINFORD CLINIC
Also good for smoking cessation, dieting, any painful area resulting from Osteo-arthritis or Rheumatoid-arthriritis
Acupuncture is a form of therapy in which fine needles (single use, sterile disposable) are inserted into specific points on the body to connect with your body’s qi. Qi (Chi) are patterns of energy flow through the body that are essential for health. Disruptions of this flow are believed to be responsible for disease.
The intended benefits are as follows: –
- Reduction of pain, stimulating nerve fibres to block out pain signals and helping to reduce the sensitivity of tender points in the body.
- Alleviation of tension, stimulating the body to produce endorphins and oxytocin (pain and stress relieving chemicals).
- Induction of local and general relaxation
- Promotion of wellbeing by stimulating the release of serotonin.
- Improvement of sleep pattern by stimulating the release of melatonin in the body.
Susan Faulkner, BScHons Pod, Lic.Ac